07 June 2008

The Alchemist

It’s my birthday and I was not expecting a gift. Well, my birth date just doesn’t fall on a day near pay dates. That means I get more Christmas presents than birthday presents. And most of those birthday gifts are given to me either in advance (last week of May) or late (2nd week of June). It’s very rare that someone would hand me a gift on the day itself. Haha.

But this year, specifically today, a good friend handed me something. She bought the book a month ago and plans to read it in between her calls (she’s on an inbound account). However, right after buying the book, she was temporarily transferred to an outbound account, which makes it impossible for her to read the book. For a month now, I have been bugging her to lend me the book but she won’t give in as she has not read it yet.

Then today, since pay day is still a week out of reach, she apologized for not being able to buy me the tumbler she promised. Haha. Then, she suddenly thought of the book, decided to give it to me. She said she’ll just buy another copy for herself. I’m really touched. I want to refuse but she insisted and I remembered an old saying, ‘never refuse a gift given from the heart.” I know, more than the material thing (be it the tumbler or this book), she really wanted to give me a present. And oh, of course, I love books so I accepted it. =D

To Farrah: Thanks a million. As in, million thank yousssss. God bless you heart, dear! I love you too! ^_^