07 June 2008

Birthday Prayer: Let Me Have This

I turned 21 fully awake and I dwell on the birthday wish I want to receive. Just one gift is enough.

Worshiping the One & Only God who orchestrated the Universe and everything in it is HUGE. It ought to be huge, big, and enormous. Loving back the One & Only Savior who conquered a cruel death to cleanse me from within is life changing. And it’s sweet. Being filled with the Holy Spirit puts me back to perspective. Praying in the Spirit allows me to find grace in the most unexpected places.

As I enter another year of this life conceived in Heaven even before time, I ask to be brought by the Lord to that place of desperation for Him.

I am weak and I always fall short of God’s glory. But with a heart desperate for the Consuming Fire, His grace will always be there to sustain. I have plans of my own. But with a heart desperate to move His heart, His plans shall prevail. I lose sight at times. But with a heart desperate to see its Savior face to face, His glory will shine.

As every Christian is, I am called to spread His saving love to the ends of the earth. I know that without reaching that point of desperation, I will find it easy to just say ‘no’. And I don’t want that to happen. I don’t want to break my Savior’s heart again. And so I pray (and ask for payers) that God would just break every inch of my own, old self. Bring me to that place, be it wilderness or green pasture. And continue to take my heart deeper into Your boundless love.

Earth may shake in all its terror and my future may be so uncertain but I will rest in the assurance that God is with me. Everything can be stripped away from me but I will ask the Lord to leave me a heart that beats for Him. For such heart can withstand and even find strength in pain. It won’t grow weary in waiting but will draw wisdom from it. When it loses its way, His love will lead it back.

There is no better birthday gift than that.